Monday Munchies: Balsamic Avocado Salad
It is a beautiful sunny day and I feel like a salad! Try this one next time you have the urge for something light, healthy, filling, and great for that booty. The sharp sweetness of balsamic vinegar perfectly offsets the mild creaminess of avocado. And since it’s spring, pea shoots make an unexpected green element, but any lettuce or bagged baby greens will provide a bed for the avocado. Remember to add your protein of choice – shrimp, chicken, steak…..what’s your favorite?
Great meal for warm weather!
Oh, the the recipe below makes 4 servings.
Ingredient for the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bag mixed salad greens (and/or pea shoots, baby spinach, etc.)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Feel free to add other veggies as well - tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, grilled zucchini or squash
- Combine first 6 dressing ingredients in a bowl large enough to toss salad in. Whisk while adding olive oil in a thin stream.
- Toss greens and cilantro in dressing to coat. Arrange avocado slices on top and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- Add your favorite protein.
The Body You Want Fitness Solutions stays busy helping people get the bodies they want in the time they actually have and without being hungry. We are always open to hearing your favorite recipes -post below or share on our Facebook page TBYW: Washington DC personal trainer.